Winners of London Homelessness Awards Announced!
Three projects make it to final and guaranteed share of £60,000
Three projects from across London have been announced as the winners of the prestigious London Homelessness Awards 2017 and will share in the prize fund of £60000.
The winning project will be revealed at a special event at City Hall on October 18th where the prizes will be awarded by Deputy Mayor James Murray. The overall winner will receive £30000, the second placed £20000 and the third placed £10000.
Organisers received over 30 applications for the awards and a judging panel had to choose just six. The six projects were visited by a member of the panel and the winner and runners up will be announced from the final three of (in alphabetical order):
- Network Homes & New Horizon Youth Centre: Project Vista
- Prisoners Abroad Resettlement Service
- Southwark Council’s Homelessness Trailblazer Pilot
Simon Dow is the Chair of the judging panel London Homelessness Awards. He said: “The final six are all excellent projects and we struggled as a panel to agree the three winners. This shows yet again what an excellent job organisations across the capital are doing to help people who are homeless. All these projects show real innovation, sustainability and commitment to help reduce homelessness in London.”
The London Homelessness Awards are sponsored by the London Housing Foundation, London Housing Directors, GLA, Crisis, Shelter and Savills.
Three further projects were commended by the judging panel:
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families: Early Years Mental Health Support for Homeless Families
- Evolve Housing + Support: CR Zero 2020
- [email protected]: Outreach support to women whose lives are affected by prostitution.
More details about each of the projects is available on the website www.lhawards.org.uk
For any PR questions or enquiries please contact [email protected]